Lagos State Public Works Corporation Constructs Isheri–Magodo Road Networks

Lagos State Public Works Corporation Constructs Isheri–Magodo Road Networks

…tackles Jankara-Idumagbo incessant flooding.

Lagos State Public Works Corporation within the last two weeks had commenced the construction of some major road networks at Isheri-Magodo in Kosofe Local Government area.

Special Adviser/CEO (LSPWC), Engr. Ayotunde Sodeinde revealed this during an inspection of some major road projects in the state.

He disclosed that about eight road networks are being constructed within the Isheri-Magodo axis which include Olanireti Fasan Street, Babajide Awolesi, Muyiwa Alder, Joseph Ajayi, Kunle Kitan, Gbolahan Akinmuda, Sylvester close and Yetunde Jimi Ahisu lane.

Sodeinde reiterates the commitment of Governor Ambode towards ensuring that retirees live a comfortable life, saying “this area is inhabited by those who have served their fatherland and as such must be taken good care of” adding that virtually all these roads have been asphalted with about 50sqm left, hoping that in the next two weeks all the road projects will be completed.

newly-constructed-isheri-magodo-road-networks1

Some of the retirees however expressed their deep appreciation to Lagos State Government for fixing the roads. Mrs. M.O. Ajaja a retiree said Governor Ambode has done well to have remembered the forgotten corners in the Isheri Community. She said before the roads were fixed, it was bumpy, messy and always flooded whenever it rains but right now, the roads are very smooth and has aided vehicular movement in the area.

In another related development, an inspection was conducted on the on-going road rehabilitation project along Jankara market at Idumagbo Avenue where paving stones are being laid because of the soil texture as a result of high water table in that area.

“The Idumagbo road project covers about 2,250sqm out of which 80% of the project have been completed while the remaining 20% will be done in the next few weeks; said the LSPWC boss.

The Special Adviser recounted that the Idumagbo road which serves as a major link between Lagos Island and the third mainland bridge was initially constructed by Julius Berger eight years ago but failed. This made  Lagos State Government to take over the project and within one week paving stones have been laid.

He attributed the flooding of that area to incessant blockage of the drainages by the traders; appealing to them to always patronize the Lagos State Waste Management Authority (LAWMA) in disposing of their waste, also promised that the ministry of environment will be contacted for desilting of the drainages.

Mr. Elemoro Martins, Chairman Community Development Association (CDA) at Jankara-Idumagbo commended the efforts of LSPWC for fixing the crucial road which used to be in a deplorable state before now, appealed to the Lagos State Governor to direct the appropriate authority to help clear the drainages so as to ensure free flow of water.

Sodeinde also hinted that LSPWC is currently working at Itoikin road and Lucky Fibre in Ikorodu, the only commercial link road from Ikorodu to Sagamu in Ogun State adding that His Excellency, Governor Ambode has also directed that the Corporation should move into the Badagry corridor and ensure all roads are fixed.

He however appealed to Lagosians to take ownership of the various projects springing up across the state by protecting them; noting that it is when these projects are protected that government will be encouraged to do more.